- The Southeast Kansas Library System (SEKLS) currently has an opening for a full-time Library Consultant. Responsibilities include advising, assisting, and visiting member libraries to consult on topics such as policies, services, and planning. This position also plans the System’s continuing education program with the goal of improving library services, produces the system newsletter, and coordinates system services with the broader statewide library community. Headquartered in Iola, Kansas, SEKLS is a multi-type regional library system working with public, academic, special, and school libraries in a 15-county area. Iola is small-town of 5,500 full of charm, rural beauty, bike trails, and even a performing arts center. Desired qualifications: MLS and five (5) years library experience. Salary range is $55,000 – $58,500. Excellent benefits, including paid health insurance, membership in Kansas Public Employees Retirement System, and paid professional memberships. View a copy of the Consultant Job Description.
To apply, send a meaningful cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references to:
Sharon Moreland, Director, Southeast Kansas Library System, 218 E. Madison, Iola, KS 66749 or email@example.com.
First consideration given to applications received by August 20, 2021. Open until filled.
System Budget Hearing
- The Southeast Kansas Library System Budget Hearing is scheduled for Monday, August 9 at 9 am at the Iola Public Library meeting room.
A copy of the Notice of budget hearing is available for viewing.
- ARPA – State Library Information
- Awarded a Grant? Let us know the details in this short survey.
- SHARP Recovery Grant from Humanities Kansas: Due August 16
- Emergency Connectivity Fund from Federal Communications Commission
- Libraries Transforming Communities: Focus on Small And Rural Libraries, Round 3
The Academic/School Extended Service grant is now open. Find the guidelines and application here.
Previous News Items